Having your hair colored can give you a great look, but it is clear that you have to treat your hair differently with how you treated it before. Coloring your hair can cause the color fade prematurely and causing split ends. Hence, it is important to know the tips to take care of your colored hair so that it stays healthy and vibrant.
1. Trim your hair every once a month to remove split ends and make your hair more manageable. This will help keep the hair healthy and will eliminate any split ends.
2. Use color-protecting shampoo. They’re specifically formulated to be both gentle and protective. Avoid washing your hear every day for it will dry your scalp. If you must wash everyday, shampoo only once.
It is suggested for you to wash your hair with cold water. Hot water dries out hair and skin, leaving it dull. While cold water will not only help you keep your color but also help you keep your health and shine.
3. Always use conditioner for color-treated hair. This is another way for you to keep your hair healthy and keep your color longer. When washing your hair apply a little extra to the ends and rinse thoroughly to remove all traces of the conditioner.
4. Dry your hair naturally. Hairdryers damage hair with their heat. If you feel that you must blow dry your hair, use the low heat setting. Same thing also goes to curling iron. Avoid it as much as you can. If you want your hair curly you should use curlers and allow your hair to dry naturally. Then remove the curlers.
5. Wear a cap on your head when swimming. Chlorine can cause hair to have a green tint, which will not be flattering to your newly dyed hair.
You can read more about beauty hair tips to make your hair look more shiny and beautiful.